Message from Coach
On this week’s market summary:
1. Bankers are pitching “homecoming” offerings to dozens of Chinese companies listed on Wall Street, as tensions between China & US threaten the sutures of shares.
2. European equities pushed higher as investors weighed up rising COVID-19 cases in the US and China against sprawling stimulus measures from central banks.
3. The number of foreclosed properties could reach the highest level since the global financial crisis by early next year amid a worsening economy.
4. HK and China stocks climb as influx of foreign capital into mainland market boosts investors sentiment.
5. China’s fourth-largest brokerage, Huatai Securities, has launched a US stock trading mobile app targeting millions of Chinese retail traders living overseas.
6. The UK governments debt exceeded the size of the UK economy in May 2020 for the first time in more than 50 years as borrowing surged to pay for coronavirus mitigation measures.
One of the must-ask interview questions for banking and finance industry is: “Have you read any news recently?” with the follow-up questions: “How would you link this news to the market?" and "What investment suggestions would you give to your clients based on this news?”
Showing your market sense and ability to provide feasible investment ideas would help to differentiate you from other candidates. Therefore, apart from the weekly news update / investment insights, we have also generated this 4-page Weekly Market Summary for you to have a quick understanding of the market development and tips to answer some hot discussion topics. Take a look of the summary and WhatsApp us in the group if you have any questions.